Picnic Rentals are available at Heather Farm Park and Larkey Park while other parks have picnic areas on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information on picnic rentals click here. For a map of the parks click here.
Heather Farm Park - Medium Picnic Area
- Address:N San Carlos Dr
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
- Capacity:50 - 100
- Picnic Area (available for reservation)
- Address:N San Carlos Dr
Heather Farm Park is the largest Community Park in Walnut Creek, featuring a variety of activities and amenities. The park is home to Clarke Memorial Swim Center, Heather Farm Community Center, Walnut Creek Tennis Center and The Gardens at Heather Farm.
Reservable picnic season: March through November
Reservation time: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Permits available: Up to 120 days prior to picnic date
Medium Group Picnic Area:
- Capacity - 75
- Seating - 48 or 56
- Tables (8 people/table) - 6 or 7
- Small barbecues (16" x 24") - 2
- Large barbecues (28" x 36") - 1
- 10 tennis courts (reservation required)
- 2 sand volleyball court
- 1 skate park
- 1 children's playground
- 1 off-leash dog park
- 5 softball fields (reservation required)
- 1 soccer field (reservation required)
- 1 basketball court
- 1 fishing lake
- 1 nature lake
- 1 exercise par course
Things to Know:
- The park is open from dawn until dusk.
- Restrooms are available at Clarke Swim Center and at Ballfield #1.
- Beer and wine are allowed at Heather Farm Park, but no glass is permitted.
- There are drinking fountains throughout the park including in the children's play area.
- Jump houses and inflatables are prohibited in all City of Walnut Creek parks.
- Fishing is allowed ONLY in the cement pond and requires a valid fishing license for anyone over 16 years of age issued by the California Dept of Fish & Wildlife.
- Access to electricity and water is not available.
Booking a Group Picnic Area
There are several ways you can book a group picnic area and obtain a permit. Reserved picnics are available up to 120 days in advance. If your chosen picnic date is more than 120 days away, you will not be able to book your picnic. Also, picnic areas must be booked at least five days prior to the event date.
If your picnic date is within 120 days and more than five days away, you may check availability and book an available date one of four ways:
- Online through our registration/booking system
- In person at the Heather Farm Community Center, 301 N San Carlos Drive (9am-4pm, M-F) To reserve in person, please complete a Picnic Permit Application.
- By phone at (925) 943-5858 (9am-4pm, M-F)
- Via email at Recreation@walnut-creek.org (availability only)
Read our Picnic Rental Brochure for current fees and more info.
Please review the information in the brochure thoroughly before you book a picnic. There are NO REFUNDS for no shows or cancellations less than thirty (30) days prior to your event date. There is a $25 service fee for all cancellations or changes made more than thirty (30) days prior to your event date.
Heather Farm Park Contact Numbers
Clarke Memorial Swim Center (925) 943-5856
Recreation Office/Picnics/Volleyball (925) 943-5858
Skate Park Hotline (925) 256-3584
Sports Field/Dog Park Hotline (925) 256-3574
Sport Field Rental Line (925) 256-3572
Walnut Creek Tennis Center (925) 945-0105