Community Service Day
Community Service Day is Saturday, Oct. 14. With more than 50 projects to choose from, there is something for every age, interest and skill level.
This year’s line-up features work activities at nearly all of the local schools, at public libraries, at parks and gardens, in our downtown and along our creeks.
New this year, volunteers can help:
- Set up the downtown Oktoberfest event
- Distribute Emergency Prep information in local neighborhoods
- Create seasonal tray favors for meal deliveries to seniors
- Do work in the Lindsay Wildlife hospital
- Create a Children’s Garden at Heather Farm
- Make educational “instruments” for a school music program
- Collect food for the needy – and watch a local company turn the cans into a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge
In Rossmoor, residents can donate food to the Food Drive organized by the Rossmoor Rotarians, or participate in any of the community wide projects.
Community Service Day kicks off with a free pancake breakfast from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Heather Farm Park Community Center, courtesy of the Lions Clubs of Walnut Creek.
From there, volunteers will fan out across Walnut Creek to work on a variety of projects. Space is limited in many of the projects; volunteers are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
Join your friends and family and help build a stronger community.
For a list of projects and online registration, visit www.walnut-creek.org/service. Persons without Internet access may call the Community Service Day hotline, 925-256-3505.
For further information, email email@example.com.