Saturday, October 14, 2017
Online Project Submission Now Open
Project Submission Deadline: June 23
- Project sponsors must be non-profits, community groups or public entities (e.g., schools).
- Faith-based organizations, businesses and private schools are welcome to participate as volunteers.
- Projects involving City property require City approval and oversight.
- Projects must be open to all community volunteers.
- Projects must be located in Walnut Creek.
- Projects must be completed within 3-4 hours on Sat., Oct. 14, 2017.
- Project work begins at 9 a.m.
- Project organizers may offer a second shift from noon-3 p.m.
- Projects must be:
- One-time, seasonal or annual in nature (not daily or weekly work).
- Ideally, open to many ages (youth, teens, adults, seniors) and skill levels.
- Relatively simple to accomplish with easy-to-use tools and supplies.
- Project organizer is responsible for providing adequate supervision as well as tools and supplies for its project (e.g., brooms, paint, plants).
- Projects require an on-site Project Manager throughout the entire project to oversee the work as well as an appropriate number of supervisors based on project size.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to project sites.
- Project organizer must have adequate liability insurance for volunteers.
You can review sample projects here.
Thanks for our 2016 Community Service Day Sponsors
Questions? Email the Community Service Day organizing committee
Check out our photo album from Community Service Day 2015!