Draft FY17-18 Annual Action Plan for CDBG and CSG Funding and Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing:
The City of Walnut Creek's draft FY17-18 Annual Action Plan and Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing may be reviewed during normal business hours in the Walnut Creek Community and Economic Development Department at 1666 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek or online. Interested parties are encouraged to submit written comments on the proposed plan and the Analysis of Impediments to Administrative Analyst Cara Bautista-Rao by email or fax (925) 256-3500 no later than 5:00 PM on Thursday June 29, 2017. Oral comments may be made at the July 5, 2017 City Council Meeting starting at 6:00 PM or prior to the meeting by calling Cara Bautista-Rao at (925) 943-5899 x 2216.
- Draft FY17-18 Annual Action Plan
- Summary of CDBG and CSG funding recommendations and scenarios (2 pages)
- Draft Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI)
- AI Appendices 1-7
Accessory Dwelling Units: Governor Brown signed two bills in September 2016 which affect Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs): Senate Bills (SB) 1069, and Assembly Bill (AB) 2299, both of which will take effect on January 1, 2017.
The City's existing Second Family Residential Unit regulations has been updated with an interim urgency ordinance effective January 10, 2017. Additionally, staff is preparing a Zoning Ordinance Amendment to include additional incentives in the coming months.
For more information, visit the recently updated Accessory Dwelling Unit page.
The City of Walnut Creek's Housing Division works to create, preserve and improve a range of housing opportunities and supportive programs serving an economically diverse community.
We carry out this mission in a number of ways, including:
- Creating policies that support the development of affordable housing and subsidizing the development of affordable housing
- Providing programs to help homeowners, such as loans to rehabilitate homes and grants, down payment assistance loans, a Below Market Rate program for affordable for-sale units, and administering affordable housing programs for homeowners
- Working to facilitate the private development of new affordable rental housing
- Providing services to our residents by funding community development grants programs, which include services to seniors, persons with disabilities, abused and neglected children, battered women, persons with HIV/AIDS, homeless persons, and other persons in crisis.
Translation Services /Servicios de Traducción
The Housing Division provides free language interpretation services to the public for its programs.
La Division de Viviendas provee servicios de interpretación gratis en su idioma para el publico en sus programas.
Encuesta de opinión sobre los servicios de traducción de idioma
Опрос по услугам перевода