South Locust Garage Painting Project
PROJECT UPDATE: The South Locust Parking Garage painting project is progressing. The interior painting of floors 4 and 5 are scheduled to be completed the week of Aug 11. Once complete, the contractors will move forward to power wash and paint floors 3 and 2. This means there will be less parking available. We encourage those who regularly use this garage to use alternatives (see locations below).
The City of Walnut Creek will be painting the interior and exterior of the South Locust Parking Garage to make it a better, brighter and safer place to park. The project will begin on July 17 and be completed by the end of September. The garage will be closed intermittently throughout the course of the project. Look for signage posted at the garage. Tender Greens will remain open during the painting project.
Other places to park:
- Broadway Garage 1390 N. Broadway
- Lesher Center Garage 1625 Locust St.
- Broadway Plaza 539 S. Broadway
- Broadway Pointe 410 Duncan St.
- Plaza Escuela East 1177 Locust St.
- Plaza Escuela West 1136 Locust St.
Thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any questions about parking or the project, please contact the City’s Parking Manager, Carla Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday
- $2 per hour in Downtown Core area (Civic to Newell)
- $1 per hour in areas North, South and West of Downtown Core area
- Two-hour time limits
- Pay for parking with your phone: download the Park Mobile App (Free for iPhone or Android)
- Open 24 hours per day
- 1st hour FREE
- Broadway garage is 50 cents per hour
- Lesher Center is 50 cents an hour
- Special event parking fee at Lesher Center is up to $5
- South Locust (above Lark Creek and Tender Greens Restaurants) is $1 per hour
- Monthly parking passes for City garages is available at http://www.lazparking.com/
Need to pay a parking citation?
Where should I park?
Get real time parking information by downloading a free smart app powered by ParkMe.