New! Long-term street parking now available downtown. Look for the purple parking poles!
South Locust Garage Painting Project
PROJECT UPDATE: The South Locust Garage Painting project continues to progress. The major interior painting is complete. All floors of the garage will be open beginning at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, August 25. Minor painting will still be occurring on various floors that will block a few parking spots but the majority of spaces within the garage will be open. The contractors are painting the exterior of the building and work hours are primarily overnight.
The City of Walnut Creek will be painting the interior and exterior of the South Locust Parking Garage to make it a better, brighter and safer place to park. The project will begin on July 17 and be completed by the end of September. Tender Greens will remain open during the painting project.
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday
- $2 per hour in Downtown Core area (Civic to Newell)
- $1 per hour in areas North, South and West of Downtown Core area
- Two-hour time limits in core; most meters outside of the core have a 10-hour limit (look for purple parking meter poles)
- Pay for parking with your phone: download the Park Mobile App (Free for iPhone or Android)
- Open 24 hours per day
- 1st hour FREE
- Broadway garage is 50 cents per hour
- Lesher Center is 50 cents an hour
- Special event parking fee at Lesher Center is up to $5
- South Locust (above Lark Creek and Tender Greens Restaurants) is $1 per hour
- Monthly parking passes for City garages is available at http://www.lazparking.com/
Need to pay a parking citation?
Visit Walnut Creek Police to pay a parking citation.
Where should I park?
Get real time parking information by downloading a free smart app powered by ParkMe.